Most Active Stories
- Fish and Game Issues a Revised 2014 Bristol Bay Sockeye Forecast
- DLG Police Chief Tases Suspect During Arrest; Crystal, Petla Noden in Custody
- Togiak Teen Hospitalized After Assault At School
- Bristol Bay Driftnet Permits Currently Valued at over $117-Thousand Dollars
- Dillingham DMV Closed Until Further Notice
Mon August 5, 2013
Togiak Sockeye Fishing Slows, Nushagak Coho "Pretty Decent"
Escapement of coho in the Nushagak River ahead of the curve after a strong push over the weekend, but fishing will close Tuesday at 9am.
Several drift and setnet fishermen in the Nushagak District delivered coho through the weekend, thanks to a late-season market with Togiak Seafoods. Coho escapement numbers look good, according to ADF&G; about 67,000 silvers have been counted in the Nushagak river through Monday morning, remaining ahead of the curve to reach the minimum goal of 100,000 fish. Togiak Seafoods says the may keep buying when the fishing reopens on Thursday. And sockeye fishermen in Togiak braved tough weather over the weekend, even as that fishery seems to be winding down. KDLG's Dave Bendinger has a rundown of the commercial fishing on Monday: