Four steams have burned in the last two months. The Dillingham Volunteer Fire Department recommends checking the shielding of chimneys and walls behind stoves.
Dillingham’s five-day winter festival kicks off Wednesday. “Elders’ Tales” is the theme for the 60 th annual celebration.
Recent Shows and Trading Post
Currently Playing AM 670:
Currently Playing FM 89.9:
Latest from Alaska Public Media
- Oil revenue is up in state’s spring forecast
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, March 16, 2017
- Preventing suicide with strength and resilience
- First Alaskans Institute helps revive Yup’ik traditional Qasgiq teachings at Cama-i
- Zulkosky organizes meeting to discuss alcohol’s impact on villages
- 49 Voices: Fannie Akpik of Utqiagvik
Crime and Safety
- Unalaska Pays Thousands To Sink Already Sunk Boat
- One year after the sinking, crab fishermen remember the F/V Destination — and take extra precautions
- Board of Fish seeks Bristol Bay proposals by April 10
- Abandoned And Adrift, The Alaska Patriot Has Been Sunk In The North Pacific
- 2018 Togiak herring forecast to be a little larger than 2017, according to ADF&G
- UMBC's Retrievers Put Virginia In A Hole, Then Buried Every Single Bracket
- Trump's Attorney Seeks $20 Million In Damages From Porn Star
- Justice Department Fires Embattled FBI Deputy Director Just Short Of Retirement
- Maryland Gets Closer To Retiring State Song That Calls Northerners 'Scum'
- From Pride To Protest: How Russians Feel About Their Presidential Election
- Bristol Bay Borough School District is a breakfast champion, according to USDA
- New Stuyahok special education teachers receive state award for inclusive practices
- Dillingham City School District appoints next superintendent
- UAF's Bristol Bay Campus to look for new director
- Dillingham City School District sees spike in enrollment, increased budget
- Recall Election Fails To Oust Unalaska’s Mayor
- Public testifies, asking Alaska legislature to support declaring Alaska Native language emergency
- Fansler Resigns To "Dedicate More Time To Personal Matters"
- Fansler hasn’t responded to House leaders’ resignation request
- Alaska’s lawmakers back to work this week