Akiak Native Community IRA Council issued a banishment order for Jacques Anthony Cooper, who they a former Village Police Officer they accuse of bootlegging. He denies the allegations, says tribe turned against him on account of his law enforcement work.
Joshua G. Rivera, 38, was caught with 12.5 grams, $19,000 cash in January, 2016. He reached a plea deal Tuesday, agreeing to six year jail term. Rivera complained that jail is a hard place for an addict to recover.
Recent Shows and Trading Post
Several big buyers post a $1/lb base price, the run shoots to 49 million, and the districts head to wide open or weekly schedules. As we wrap up our special coverage, ADF&G's Paul Salomone, Travis Ellison, and Tim Sands join for a preliminary recap of this incredible, historic year for the world's largest sockeye salmon fishery.
Latest from APRN
- Bradley Lake hydro expansion moves forward
- State works to interpret its newest oil tax credit overhaul
- New study suggests dental therapists improving oral health in YK Delta
- Some old solutions still work: helping people buy food with SNAP
- Alaska News Nightly: Tuesday, Aug. 22, 2017
- How could getting rid of for-profit medical insurance save the country money?
Crime and Safety
- Akiak attempts to banish former VPO, alleged bootlegger
- Six year sentence for heroin dealer nabbed in 2016 Dillingham bust
- Naknek man killed after falling overboard on Lake Aleknagik Sunday night
- 6-year-old dies in accidental shooting in Togiak
- Troopers seek info on whereabouts of Koliganek assault suspect
- Will blue king crab ever rebound in Pribilof Islands? Marine biologist dives for answers
- Nearly half of structures on dock affected by fire, says witness of Port Moller fire
- The F/V Akutan's sad, failed season in Bristol Bay
- Local fisherman celebrates 60th year of fishing
- Port Moller test fishery season recap
- #HappyBirthday: Quintessential Twitter Feature Turns 10
- Charlottesville Shrouds Its Robert E. Lee And Stonewall Jackson Statues
- What Makes A Great Relationship Between President And Congressional Leader?
- Veterans: How Will Trump's Ban Affect Transgender Troops?
- Wildland Firefighters Try To Combat Spread Of Invasive Species
Currently Playing AM 670:
Currently Playing FM 89.9:
- It's back to school for Southwest Region School District
- Clark’s Point drawing families back to the village by reopening its school
- Cynthia Rogers takes the helm as Bristol Bay Campus director
- 4-H culture camp in Clark’s Point focuses on Alaska Native heritage
- Dillingham City School District working to fill positions ahead of school opening