One bear ripped part of the siding and insulation from a cabin on Kanakanak Road, startling the sleeping 18 year old girl inside.
Today we check-in on the drift fleet preparing to leave Dillingham, hear about the count at Ugashik and delve into a book about....fishing.
Recent Shows and Trading Post
Why Brexit matters to Bristol Bay, plus more on that Togiak herring making a splash in Seattle this week, a bear ripped a hole in a house, and "Where Water is Gold" author Carl Johnson joins.
Latest from APRN
- Alaska News Nightly: Monday, June 6, 2016
- New national project focusing on race in schools begins in Anchorage
- DOC investigation shows inmate died from drug overdose
- Conference committee passes House oil and gas tax bill, Seaton urges Walker to veto
- Anchorage residents walk for epilepsy awareness
- Woman dies in rafting accident near Valdez
Crime and Safety
- Another Bristol Bay fisherman charged in Alaska residency case
- Brown bears bother Dillingham residents Thursday
- Egegik man indicted on trafficking 3 pounds of meth aboard state ferry
- Dillingham woman missing after leaving Juneau treatment center in March
- Nondalton man arrested for alleged child sex abuse
- Rough Waters explores fishing futures, families, frustrations
- Bristol Bay brand to feature modern logo, emphasize story
- Interns provide local expertise for state and national research
- Bristol Bay Fishermen's Association seeks more members, better payouts
- Study looks at new way to make ice for salmon fleet
Currently Playing AM 670:
Currently Playing FM 89.9:
Bristol Bay and Beyond, hosted by KDLG News Director Dave Bendinger, is our weekly newsmagazine with stories, conversations, and an occasional poem, essay, or song.
- Rau retires after 15 years at Seventh Day School
- Air taxi brings South Naknek students to school, slowing village's decline
- Monte Thacker hired as Dillingham Middle/High School principal
- Funds for Naknek school renovation deleted from Senate capital budget
- Port Alsworth 7th grader names new Alaska ferry "Tazlina"
Bristol Bay Field Notes is your source for an eclectic blend of topics relating to the great outdoors of southwest Alaska. Its goal is to educate, inform, and entertain.
The Bristol Bay Sports Round Up is a weekly radio show dedicated to showcasing the activities and events of local schools and their student-athletes in the Bristol Bay Area.