AST sergeant Luis Nieves says the deadlier narcotic is here, and suppliers are pushing sales as fishing season earnings and BBNC dividend checks put more cash in the market.
After combing through data from the Aleutian Islands, a scientist has discovered an unexpected relationship between plankton and pink salmon. Although plankton might seem like an ecological afterthought, biological oceanographer Sonia Batten disagrees. She calls them the most important organisms in the ocean.
Recent Shows and Trading Post
Latest from APRN
- Alaska News Nightly: Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2016
- Marijuana social clubs are illegal, attorney general says
- As summer ends, daily high temperature records fall around the state
- Fairbanks North Star Borough first to be certified Storm Ready
- No survivors in mid-air plane collision north of Russian Mission
- Following robbery and assault, Fairbanks man fatally shot by police
Crime and Safety
- Watch And Fact Check: Donald Trump's Speech On Immigration
- Obama At Lake Tahoe Praises Conservation Efforts
- African Elephant Population Declines By 30 Percent
- Venezuela Turns Away Journalists On Eve Of Planned Anti-Government Rally
- Supreme Court Declines To Reinstate North Carolina Voter Restrictions
Currently Playing AM 670:
Currently Playing FM 89.9:
Bristol Bay and Beyond, hosted by KDLG News Director Dave Bendinger, is our weekly newsmagazine with stories, conversations, and an occasional poem, essay, or song.
- Republican party backing newcomer Weatherby in House District 37 race
- Little interest (yet) for local races
- Voter discontent aimed at some incumbents Tuesday
- Budget advocacy group mistakenly lists Dillingham school district as member
- Legislature fails to act on Permanent Fund, Walker calls fifth Special Session
Bristol Bay Field Notes is your source for an eclectic blend of topics relating to the great outdoors of southwest Alaska. Its goal is to educate, inform, and entertain.
The Bristol Bay Sports Round Up is a weekly radio show dedicated to showcasing the activities and events of local schools and their student-athletes in the Bristol Bay Area.