Most Active Stories
- Grass fire spread quickly Wednesday off Dillingham's Wood River Road
- Fish and Game watching sea surface temperatures ahead of Togiak herring fishery
- BBEDC to award refrigeration systems to ten Bay fishermen
- Dillingham police name suspect in truck arson case
- Man charged with sexual abuse of 14-year-old girl found dead in Anchorage
Tue October 29, 2013
Fish and Game Clarifies Smelt Fishing Regulations
ADF&G says to mark nets, keep them well fastened, don't block more than half of any water body, and otherwise enjoy the season.
Rainbow smelt are running strong this week, and many have been out for some fall season subsistence fishing.
KDLG’s Dave Bendinger reports on some confusion over the weekend in Dillingham about the regulations for harvesting smelt.
**Cast nets, dip nets, and gill nets are all legal means for subsistence harvest of smelt, according to the ADF&G office in Dillingham.