Dillingham Home Lost to Fire Early Wednesday

Apr 17, 2013

No one was injured, but the LeClair home on Kanakanak road was totally lost in a fire that broke out at around 1:00am Wednesday morning. 

The LeClair home on Kanakanak road engulfed in flames early Wednesday.
Credit KDLG

DILLINGHAM:  A wood boiler may be to blame for causing a fire that quickly engulfed the LeClair house in Dillingham early Wednesday. The house is across the street from the Anchor of Hope Church on Kanakanak road.

All occupants escaped the home and there were no injuries reported.

Firefighters and EMS from the Dillingham and Aleknagik Volunteer Fire Departments arrived on scene around 1:15am and battled the blaze for several hours. The fire was mostly extinguished by 4:00am.  Volunteer crews had left the scene by 6:00am.

Max LeClair is a teacher at Dillingham Middle and High School. The front office is helping collect clothing donations for Max, Caitlyn, Jessica, and Coleman, as well as other household items. The school's number is 842.5221.