A Ford being driven "erratically" in downtown Dillingham Friday morning came to an abrupt stop against another truck. The driver, who appeared to be overdosing on opiates, was given Narcan by police. No one else was injured.
The Alaska Sea Life Center in Seward began diagnostics and rehabilitation on a malnourished, dehydrated, infected harbor seal pup this week. The pup was found and reported close to Egegik at Coffee Point.
Recent Shows and Trading Post
A wimpy 62,700 sockeye landed Friday, and just 202,000 counted as escapement ... Bristol Bay is in the doldrums this weekend ... how soon till it picks up? Paul Salomone is on the show to discuss that and his coming plans, plus Naknek drifter Gabe Dunham on hoping for something other than a "compressed" run, and we climb aboard the Olivia M as it buys fish Wednesday night in Egegik.
Latest from APRN
Crime and Safety
Currently Playing AM 670:
Currently Playing FM 89.9:
- Alaska Farm to School receives USDA grant, will focus efforts on Bristol Bay
- DCSD school board offers Szymoniak interim superintendent position
- UAF Bristol Bay Campus director retiring after 15 years
- Schools around Bristol Bay make administrative changes
- DCSD Superintendent Danny Frazier to retire in June