Most Active Stories
- Bush Pilot Helps Rural Alaskan Police Explore Isolated Villages
- BBAHC testing all expectant mothers for opioid use
- Barefoot Bandit continues to evade Dillingham police
- Registered sex offender arrested for allegedly molesting young girl in Manokotak
- UW-FRI forecast for Bristol Bay 2015: 49.4 million sockeye
Events & Information
Wed November 6, 2013
Weather Advisory 11/6/2013
The National Weather Service has issued a couple of weather advisories for the Bristol Bay area...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ANCHORAGE HAS ISSUED A FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM THIS MORNING TO MIDNIGHT AKST TONIGHT. COLD AIR WILL REMAIN IN PLACE ACROSS THE BRISTOL BAY ZONE TODAY. RAIN FROM THE BERING SEA STORM WILL ARRIVE LATE THIS MORNING...FALL THROUGH THE COLD AIR NEAR THE SURFACE...AND FREEZE ON CONTACT WITH EXPOSED SURFACES. ICE ACCUMULATION...LESS THAN ONE QUARTER INCH.
Also... ...COASTAL FLOOD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 5 PM AKST FRIDAY ALONG THE COAST WEST OF DILLINGHAM... .HIGH WAVES WILL AFFECT THE PRIBILOFS ON STRONG SOUTH FLOW TODAY. AS THE ASSOCIATED FRONT MOVES INLAND...STRONG WIND AND HIGH WAVES WILL REACH THE SOUTHWEST ALASKA COAST AND CAUSE MINOR COASTAL FLOODING WITH AFTERNOON HIGH TIDES THROUGH FRIDAY.