Small Fire at Dillingham's Bristol Inn Late Thursday

Jan 31, 2014

Staff were able to extinguish the kitchen rags that caught fire in a laundry dryer, and the Vol. Fire Dept. helped clear smoke out of the hallways.

DILLINGHAM: Kitchen rags in a laundry dryer caught fire at the Bristol Inn late Thursday night, prompting a call out for the Volunteer Fire Department. But hotel staff were able to snuff out the small fire with extinguishers before the crews arrived.

Firefighters used heavy duty fans to clear the smoke out of the hallways, and the volunteer department was off the scene by around midnight.

No injuries were reported from Thursday's fire.