Most Active Stories
- Grass fire spread quickly Wednesday off Dillingham's Wood River Road
- Fish and Game watching sea surface temperatures ahead of Togiak herring fishery
- BBEDC to award refrigeration systems to ten Bay fishermen
- Dillingham police name suspect in truck arson case
- Man charged with sexual abuse of 14-year-old girl found dead in Anchorage
Sat July 13, 2013
Nuvista Allowed Some Helicopter Flights in WTSP. But When?
Some planning trips to the remote, exclusively wilderness region of the park are having a hard time figuring out how to avoid interruptions.
The Nuvista Light and Electric Cooperative has been given permission to use helicopters to conduct research in the Wood Tikchik State Park this summer and fall, but on a fairly limited basis.
Some planning hunting and travel in the wilderness region of nation’s largest state park have expressed their interest in avoiding interuption by those helicopters, but they're having a hard time figuring out when Nuvista will be there.
KDLG’s Dave Bendinger has more: