Most Active Stories
- 3 Men Arrested for an Alleged Home Invasion in Dillingham
- Man Arrested for Stealing Drugs from Togiak Clinic
- Chairman of the Board for Ocean Beauty Seafood's Talks Sockeye in Dillingham
- No Interest in the Security Cove Herring Fishery
- Fish and Game Will be Cautious in the Ugashik District This Season
Sat July 13, 2013
Nuvista Allowed Some Helicopter Flights in WTSP. But When?
Some planning trips to the remote, exclusively wilderness region of the park are having a hard time figuring out how to avoid interruptions.
The Nuvista Light and Electric Cooperative has been given permission to use helicopters to conduct research in the Wood Tikchik State Park this summer and fall, but on a fairly limited basis.
Some planning hunting and travel in the wilderness region of nation’s largest state park have expressed their interest in avoiding interuption by those helicopters, but they're having a hard time figuring out when Nuvista will be there.
KDLG’s Dave Bendinger has more: