Most Active Stories
- Grass fire spread quickly Wednesday off Dillingham's Wood River Road
- Fish and Game watching sea surface temperatures ahead of Togiak herring fishery
- BBEDC to award refrigeration systems to ten Bay fishermen
- Dillingham police name suspect in truck arson case
- Man charged with sexual abuse of 14-year-old girl found dead in Anchorage
Mon September 2, 2013
New Polling: Senator Begich has a lead over Lieutenant Governor Mead Treadwell
U.S. Senator Mark Begich has a lead in his race for reelection according to some new polling data released late last week. The polling data is from Anchorage based Hays Research Group and it shows that Senator Begich is supported by 50.4-percent of Alaskans. Alaska Lieutenant Governor Mead Treadwell has the support of 38.5-percent of voters.
Begich is a Democrat and Treadwell is a Republican. Adam Hays is the Research Director for the Hays Research Group. In a prepared statement he claimed that Senator Begich is in a good position at this point in the race. However, Hays notes that Lieutenant Governor Treadwell has a good base of support. Hays stresses that the poll was paid for entirely by the Hays Research Group and the Group does not work for on behalf of any political candidate or campaign.