Naknek River will hit 27.6 feet Saturday evening, and change 29.4 feet Friday afternoon. The Nushagak River will top out at 24.4 feet on Thursday and Friday.
KDLG: The biggest tide switches, and highest high tides of the year happen this week in Bristol Bay.
- The Naknek River will change 29.4 feet Friday afternoon, going from a -2.1 foot low tide to a 27.5 foot high tide.
- The Naknek will hit 27.6 feet on Saturday at 7:23 p.m., its highest of the year.
- The Nushagak River will see its biggest switch on Thursday, going from a low water mark of -3.1 feet at 11:00 a.m. up to a 24.4 foot high tide at 5:30 p.m.
- The Nushagak will hit 24.4 feet again Friday evening, its highest point all year.
- The Nushagak only breaks 24 feet seven times this year: once in May, three days in a row this week, and three days in the middle of December.
- The Egegik River will see a low water mark of -2.3 feet and a high mark of 21.7 feet this week, beginning Wednesday through Saturday.
Big tides coupled with windy storms can lead to storm surge, but the National Weather Service is so far predicting relatively calm conditions. Have interesting pictures of tidal action where you're at? Send them to email@example.com.