Andrew "Weebee" Olsen, 29, arrested on drug possession and trafficking charges after tips lead police to Saturday night boarding and bust at the Dillingham Harbor. Six grams of heroin, cash, and syringes seized.
A beluga whale was harvested Sunday evening near Dillingham. It was the whole hunting party’s first time to take a beluga.
Recent Shows and Trading Post
Several big buyers post a $1/lb base price, the run shoots to 49 million, and the districts head to wide open or weekly schedules. As we wrap up our special coverage, ADF&G's Paul Salomone, Travis Ellison, and Tim Sands join for a preliminary recap of this incredible, historic year for the world's largest sockeye salmon fishery.
Latest from APRN
- Changing climate pushes polar bears toward more dangerous interactions with humans
- Closed process on capital budget draws criticism
- Ask a Climatologist: August is Alaska’s rainiest month
- Transgender activist looks to connect trans men in the 49th state
- Alaska News Nightly: Tuesday, Aug. 1, 2017
- Less mercury found in Beaufort Sea polar bears; that’s not necessarily a good thing
Crime and Safety
- Dillingham Police seek confidential informants to build cases against heroin dealers
- Drug bust on the F/V Andy O
- Stephen Jones, Bristol Bay Volunteer Fire Chief, dies Sunday at 54
- Regal Air pilot killed in crash Thursday north of Lake Clark
- Search suspended for missing Bristol Bay crewman in Ugashik
Currently Playing AM 670:
Currently Playing FM 89.9:
- Ekwok's William "Sonny" Nelson School gets new teacher and principal
- Middle schoolers explore wildlife and culture at camp on Cape Peirce
- Interim superintendent begins work at Dillingham City School District
- Koliganek School draws local teachers
- Bristol Bay middle school students explore marine biology careers at ANSEP camp